Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Art Work of the day Feb 3, 2009

Today's work "Common" by Robert Hodge




Robert Hodge was born in raised in Houston, Texas and grew up in the historical 3rd Ward community. He went to the Performing Visuals Arts High School, and left Houston to attend Pratt In New York and Atlanta College of Art before returning home to continue working. Hodge is acknowledged for his style, but his topics are issues of humanity, politics, music icons and whatever he feels needs to be addressed. Hodge says “I never want to be put in a box. Things that effect me or interest me in certain periods of my life, hopefully relates to others as well. As I grow, hopefully people who follow my work grow with me.” Hodge was the recipient of the emerging artist grant from The Houston Arts Alliance in 2008, and won “Best of Show” from the Museum of Fine Arts 5A in 2007.






Kristi Young
The Young Agent, Art Rep
Email: young.kristi@att.net
Call: 214-773-7766

4 comments:

nigga lover said...

i like that background to common

T. Keyne said...

I like the back ground as well. I appreciate pieces that are just as striking after it is ponder as it is with glance.

Anonymous said...

This Piece is So Complex Yet strikingly simple. Beautiful. Great choice. Btw - what you're doing for artists is also, BEAUTIFUL

Hodge said...

Thank You whoever decided to blog on my work, and thank you all for those comments. many blessings

Blog Archive

Calendar of events